Now the media wants to spin this primary into some sort of a progressive bum rush in the city. HA HA HA HA!!! SLOOOOWWWW Down!
Kathy got 7,000 votes! Corey got 3100. Out of 38,000. I am assuming after the absentees are counted, they will reach those numbers so as of right now, they got less. In other words, garbage! (Corey, that's refuse the noun, not the verb)
Let me break it down for ya.
- In 2009, Corey running in the general just under the Working Families line received 4800 votes. That's 55% more votes than he received on tuesday.
- In the 2009 primaries, Corey got 6300 votes, 103% more votes. And he lost.
- In 2005, Alice Green running a nothing campaign as a Green Party candidate got 5200 votes.
- In 2005, Archie Goodbie lost to Jennings in the primary and got 4500 votes.
- In fact I had to dig in the TU archives to see what Theresa Portelli got (the Green Party candidate): yeap, she got over 9,000 votes back in the 90s. FOR FUCKING SCHOOLBOARD!!!
The true progressive win in this city was David Soares back in 2004. I remember those progressives screaming at the Big House (now some Brazilian meat spot):
YOU ARE NEXT, YOU ARE NEXT, YOU ARE NEXT!!!
9 years later its like:
In Soares' election the chant was about taking Jennings out. Jennings takes himself out this year and now we get slightly better results than a school budget.
Kathy has a ton of work to do. And she should jump on it ASAP. But please, stop with all the revolution talk. It is not. It is apathy.
"I was faced more with apathy than opposition."