Wednesday, November 16, 2011

GOP Ship Is Sinking and a Gus of Fresh Air

The Grand Old Punters are getting squashed by their own.  First it was "I Told You So" from Lebron.  Now it is Gus, from Guilderland dissing Dunce Clarey, Hack Nelligan and the GOP.  Here is his Letter to the Editor from Times Union dated November 15, 2011:

GOP not living up to responsibility

I am 62 and a lifelong Albany County resident. I was enrolled as a Republican for 41 years. I always voted for the best conservative person but when I wasn't familiar with the candidates, I voted Republican. I always figured a party with Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan must be a good place to be.

My anger at and shame for the Republican Party stems from the fact that I walked into the voting booth last Tuesday and noticed that the county executive, sheriff, comptroller and my Guilderland supervisor and town clerk all ran with no opposition from my party.

I walked out of the voting booth. I didn't want to be part of this very poor excuse for democracy.

While facing a 19 percent increase in property taxes in Albany County in 2012, it's hard for me to comprehend why the Republican Party couldn't at least force a debate on the issues, even if they didn't think they could win.

I don't have any idea where Dan McCoy or Craig Apple stand on the issues because the Republican Party didn't have the political savvy to get the issues out in the open. Instead, these candidates were shoved down our collective throats.

This is a dark day for democracy. I am ashamed to be a Republican. The lack of enthusiasm and/or the lack of know-how to be a political force in this county and this state is indefensible.

The young people in the parks around the country demonstrating are right -- too few people hold too much power.

So I am going to withdraw my enrollment in the Republican Party. They no longer can count on my vote or my money. Instead of GOP standing for Government of the People, it should stand for Government of the Pretenders.

Gus Di Novo

Albany

Where is Nelligan and Clarey?  Told you so is right, LOL!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment