Monday, November 7, 2011

One More Day!!!! - Write In Vote When there Is No Choice

South Park Episode 8, Season 8: A giant douche or a turd sandwich
So I am a satirical genius who pokes fun at politicians and their bloggers. But I don't bullshit when it comes to voting.

I have been voting since I was old enough to vote. I make it my business to go to the polls and vote. And I vote in every election, president, school vote, mayor, dog catcher; you name it. Moreover, I vote any political party. It doesnt matter if a candidate is on a major party line or not, I make it my business to learn about him/her and vote. To me ballot placement means you are equal to all others.

Unfortunately, most of you are lazy asses who wouldn't bother to find out who is running, what they stand for or even vote outside of your party line. See, you put in shitty effort, you get shitty candidates. So yes, half of the problems we have is your fault.

But I always expect a contest. I expect a choice. Shit, South Park had a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich, why can't we?

This year we have no countywide choices (all dem) thanks to the Grand Obfuscated Party wheeling and dealing. But to add insult to injury, we have 24 county legislature races uncontested. Out of 39 total legislators, we have 5 GOP and 19 Dems going back.

The last time I spoke with Lebron, we were talking about uncontested races. At the time he was still getting signatures to get on the ballot. But I asked him about the other uncotested races at the time like Conners. He said something interesting; when he has no choice he writes his own name down. He said, that as long as you have the ability to write-in someone, the people always have a choice. Wurd!!!!

I always skip the line. Even if I like the candidate on the ballot, I protest by not casting my vote for the office but he writes his own name down.

So, I am going to do the same, I am going to write his name down for County Executive. This brother deserves it. He fought against his own party to bring the people a choice and they screwed him. If he is willing to stand up to the caviar and scotch assholes of the Fort Orange Club, he will stand up to the assholes milking us dry.

How do you do a write-in?  Easy:
  1. Go to the bottom of the paper ballot
  2. Fill in the write-in bubble
  3. Write Nathan Lebron

Write-In Nathan Lebron
For County Executive
I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment